About the Company
Axiom Builders prides itself on being a very personable company with serious commitment to building things right. As a leading general contractor of mixed-use, residential, commercial, and special projects, the company is well respected across Western Canada. Our people share a commitment to service, integrity and quality and this collective vision has led to immense growth over the years. Since 2003, we have grown to become one of British Columbia’s largest construction companies with over 25 notable projects with 6000 condo units currently under construction. Headquartered in Vancouver, Axiom also has a branch office in Calgary with satellite offices in Victoria, Edmonton and Seattle.
About the Role
Axiom Builders is looking to bring on an Estimator to support the costing process on various mixed-use, commercial and residential construction projects, including some of Axiom’s most complex, iconic projects in Lower Mainland. Reporting to the Senior Estimator, the Estimator will have the opportunity to shadow experienced estimators to maintain cost databases and effectively communicate project estimate details to clients, owners, architects and other project stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Use knowledge of construction methods to determine the most cost-effective approach;
- Review bid packages from sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Coordinate and assemble estimating input, while reviewing designs to identify opportunities for cost savings;
- Conceptual estimating from preliminary drawings through final cost analysis;
- Communicate with subtrades to assist in budgeting to ensure they understand their scope of work;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Estimating leadership team.
What you Bring
The ideal candidate is a recent graduate of a construction or engineering program with long-term aspirations to be an estimator, cost consultant or quantity surveyor. As a newcomer to the industry, you are eager to join a larger organization with a growing project list across BC and Alberta in order to gain a broad exposure of the profession. You have a numbers-driven, detail-oriented way of working. You enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment but can be depended on to excel independently by being resourceful. You value openness and transparent communication with your manager, who you will see as your mentor. Finally, work culture is important to you – and you are looking for an organization with a strong culture rooted in camaraderie and family.
- At least 1-2 years of estimating experience with a general contractor;
- Recent graduate from a certificate, diploma or degree in Building Technology, Construction Management, Estimating, Construction Technology, Engineering, or a related field;
- Some field construction experience will be considered an asset;
- Some exposure to or academic experience with computerized measurement software;
- Excellent two-way communication; confidence and ability to communicate with clients and all levels of management;
- Strong work ethic – eager to learn, resourceful, committed.
Axiom distinguishes itself from our competitors not only by our level of quality, but also by our commitment to our staff. At Axiom, we offer a very competitive compensation structure that supplements your regular income with a robust benefits package:
- Medical and Dental Coverage: Our industry leading benefits package covers you and your dependents at no cost
- RRSP Matching Program
- Professional Development Support
How to Apply
At Axiom Builders Inc., we are always on the lookout for talented people who are passionate about what they do. If you love what you do, and believe that with the right tools and opportunities you can do the best work of your life, please submit an application to our career portal.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, we want to keep the safety of our employees and interested candidates top of mind. Over the next few weeks, the Axiom Builders Talent Acquisition team will continue to conduct interviews for all posted opportunities via phone and video conference.