In 1981, Canadian Construction Women (CCW) was created with the mission of creating a stronger construction industry by supporting and inspiring women. CCW believes in connecting women to a powerful network of other women in construction, in building the community of women in construction and in providing opportunities for women in construction.
The CCW Women in Construction Bursary is an award established to provide financial support to women who:
- Are currently enrolled in any full-time construction-related credential program;
- Are currently enrolled in a trades training program; or
- Have graduated from a trades training program within the last year and are seeking financial assistance with provisioning of tools and equipment related to her chosen trade.
The Women in Construction Bursary offers four (4) bursaries in the amount of $1,000.00 each. The Eligibility Requirements are the following:
- Recipients must be a member of CCW. Student membership is free.
- Recipients must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Awards are not transferable.
- Awards are not deferrable and must be accepted in the year in which they were awarded.
- Recipients agree to their name and photo being used by CCW in newsletter and social media feeds.
- Recipients must not have previously received the CCW Women in Construction Bursary.
- Applicants must complete and submit the application form no later than January 31, 2021.
All applications are assessed on a competitive basis. Important considerations are: academic standing, background, strong motivation for entering her chosen career and future goals. The selection committee will notify the recipients no later than February 16, 2021. Recipients will be invited to attend the Annual General Meeting in Vancouver on February 23, 2021 to accept the award.