In 1981, Canadian Construction Women (CCW) was created with the mission of creating a stronger construction industry by supporting and inspiring women. CCW believes in connecting women to a powerful network of other women in construction, in building the community of women in construction and in providing opportunities for women in construction.
The CCW Women in Construction Bursary is an award established to provide financial support to women who are a current resident in B.C. who:
- Are currently enrolled in any full-time construction-related credential program in B.C.;
- Are currently enrolled in a trades training program in B.C.; or
- Have graduated from a trades training program within the last year and are seeking financial assistance with provisioning of tools and equipment related to her chosen trade.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The Women in Construction Bursary offers four (4) bursaries in the amount of $2,500.00 each. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The application must identify as a woman.
- The applicant must be a member of CCW. CCW student membership is free.
- The applicant must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- The applicant must be either enrolled in a full-time construction-related training program through an accredited educational or training institution in B.C. or have graduated from such a program in B.C. within one year from the application date.
- The applicant must agree to their name and photo being used by CCW in newsletters and social media feeds.
- The applicant must not have previously received the CCW Women in Construction Bursary
Applicants must complete the application form along with any applicable attachments and submit the completed application form to CCW by no later than Friday, February 4, 2022.
Applicants will be required to submit (along with their application form) proof of Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status, proof of enrollment in an accredited training program, a copy of their latest school transcripts and or proof of completion of such program within the previous year of the application.
Awards are not transferable or deferrable and must be accepted in the year in which they were awarded.
ASSESSMENT OF APPLICATIONS
All applications are assessed on a competitive basis. Important considerations are: academic standing, background, strong motivation for entering her chosen career and future goals. The selection committee will notify the successful recipients no later than February 18, 2022. Recipients will be invited to attend the Annual General Meeting in Vancouver on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 to accept the award.