CCW is very pleased to announce that in addition to the Women in Construction Bursaries to be awarded at the 2022 AGM, as a result of an extremely generous sponsorship by Coast Capital Savings, CCW will be managing and awarding an additional six (6) bursaries of $2,500 each, on their behalf.
Coast Capital Savings is a member-owned financial cooperative with an 80-year legacy of unlocking financial opportunities that positively impact people and communities. Coast Capital believes that every Canadian deserves a financial partner who actually cares how things turn out.
Driven by their social purpose to build better futures together, Coast Capital looks at everything it does through the lens of how they can help their 600,000 members, their employees and communities. A proud Certified B Corporation®, Coast Capital is a part of a global movement building a more inclusive, equitable and regenerative economic system. Each year, Coast Capital invests 10% of their bottom line into local communities, which over the past two decades totals almost $90M. To learn more, visit them online at coastcapitalsavings.com.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The eligibility requirements for the are as follows:
- The applicant must identify as a woman.
- The applicant must be a member of CCW. CCW Student membership is free.
- The applicant must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and must be a resident of B.C.
- The applicant must:
- be enrolled in a full-time construction-related/construction trades-related training program through an accredited educational or training institution
in B.C; or
- have graduated from a construction-related/construction trades-related training program through an accredited educational or training institution
in B.C. within one year from the application date; or
- be a women working as a tradesperson in B.C.
- Women studying engineering or architecture or other consultant-related training/education are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must agree to their name and photo being used by Coast Capital and CCW in newsletter and social media feeds.
- The applicant must not have previously received the CCW Women in Construction Bursary.
Applicants must complete the application form along with any applicable attachments and submit the completed application form to CCW by no later than Friday, February 4, 2022.
Applicants will be required to submit (along with their application form) proof of enrollment in an accredited training program in B.C. or proof of completion of such program within the previous year of the application or proof of employment in B.C.
Awards are not transferable or deferrable and must be accepted in the year in which they were awarded.
ASSESSMENT OF APPLICATIONS
The selection committee will notify the successful bursary recipients no later than February 18, 2022. Recipients will be invited to attend the Annual General Meeting in Vancouver on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 to accept the award.